- The German-American Festival did not disappoint as it drew one of its largest crowds ever for the 49thAnnual Festival. More than 35,000 people were in attendance this year.
- “Despite a few setbacks such as the cooler fire in one of our refrigerated trucks causing us to lose six 55 gallon drums of sauerkraut, a bunch of eggs and a ton and a half of hand made potato salad, I would say this year had the best turnout to date. It was amazing to see all of the volunteers come together and make the festival happen without a hitch. The show must go on and that it did,” said Tim Pecsenye, Festival Chairman.
- “We want to say a big THANK YOU to all the extremely dedicated volunteers and friends who poured their time and efforts into making this festival great, and to those who really stepped up and helped us during the fire crisis. Without them it would not have been possible. We hope that they enjoyed the festivities, and look forward to their support again next year,” said Pecsenye. “We also would like to thank the administrators and employees of the City of Oregon, the Oregon School District and employees, and neighbors in the area for their patience throughout the last weekend.”
- This year’s special events and contests that took place to help celebrate the German heritage had great participation and enthusiasm.
- View a map of the festival grounds
- Please click here to view a list of
Hotels near the festival grounds.
- Please click here to view the
2013 GAF Contest Winners
- Available exclusively at:
- Bar 145, 5305 Monroe St. (use Hobby Lobby lot for parking)
- Berger’s Olde Tyme, 1742 W. Laskey Rd.
- Lucas County Recreation Center, 2901 Key St. Maumee
- Mayfly Tavern, 4532 N. Summit St. Point Place
- Anchor Inn, 4950 Suder Ave Point Place
- Ye Olde Cock n' Bull Tavern, 9 N. Huron St. Downtown Toledo
- The Attic on Adams, 1701 Adams St. Toledo Uptown
- Belle Wine & Martini Lounge, 3145 Hollister Ln at Levis Commons
- Pub 51, 5110 Woodville Rd. in Northwood (provides FREE SHUTTLE)
- Icons Eatery and Entertainment, 3150 Navarre Ave. Oregon (Provides FREE SHUTTLE service Friday 6pm-close; Saturday 2pm-close; & Sunday noon-close)
- Shuttle Bus Departure Times:
Friday, August 28, 2013 – 6 pm – 1 am
Saturday, August 29, 2013 – 4 pm – 1 am
- Shuttles will leave departure locations continuously each day until 10:00 PM
- LAST SHUTTLE DEPARTS FROM DEPARTURE LOCATIONS TO FESTIVAL GROUNDS AT 10:00 PM FRIDAY & SATURDAY
LAST SHUTTLES DEPART GAF GROUNDS AT 1:00 AM
- Special Sunday Shuttle:
2:00 pm - 10:00 pm from Bar 145 only.
- Last shuttle departs Bar 145 at 7:00 pm. Last shuttle departs Festival Grounds at 11:00 pm
- Black & White Taxi Cab Stand:
- Use the East gate, by the bus pick up. Show proof that you've taken a Black & White Cab to one of the Festival's many shuttle locations or the Festival site and you'll receive $5.00 worth of food or beverage tickets (one receipt per vehicle). Get your tickets at the Guest Services tent!